Friday, February 18, 2011

El Ateneo Bookshop Buenos Aires

After spanish class today at Calle Uriburu, and lunch at Tea Connection I went and did my first spot of sight seeing in BA. El Ateneo at Avenida Santa Fe 1860 is a book store housed in a 4 level ex Opera House. It has recently been voted #2 in the World's most Unique bookstores by the Guardian Newspaper in the UK and it was really quite stunning and impressive. (No.1 goes to a bookstore in Maastrict)







I am not sure what is this type of architecture called but it reminds me of Galleries Lafayette in Paris. It was really nice to be able to sit in theatre boxes with big red velvet curtains reading a book. Fortunately there are only few english books available, otherwise I would have been tempted to buy one.


Has 3 homework to complete from Spanish Tutor Gisela so I better get to it. Class is at 10.30am daily. urgh.

No comments: