Thursday, February 24, 2011

A week into living in BsAs

Arrived in BsAs exactly a week ago but felt like I have been here forever and have explored so much of BsAs. Monday to Friday I get spanish tutoring by 2 different tutors and spends 2 hours with each. Gisela lives in the North Barrio of Recoleta (Closest Station: Pasteur and Facultad de Medicina). Laura on the other hand lives in the South Barrio of Boedo (Closest Station: Castros Barros and Boedo). The daily commute by subte, bus or both is great from  crossing from south to north. So many things to see and explore. Example; around Gisela's house there a street that has about 20 shops selling party favours. Costumes, birthday candles, invitation cards, decorations, etc... 

On my first 5 days here (before I move myself to San Telmo), I stayed in a residential area in the South Barreo called San Cristobal and it was really cool to be able to see the inside of one of those really old European Mansions that are all over BsAs. The high ceiling, the stained glass ceiling and windows, one can just imagine what life used to be in these Mansions. 






After experiencing life in a quiet residential area and staying in an old mansion, I moved to San Telmo 3 days ago and am currently staying in a modern Hostel that is within walking distance to most things. Another week here in this hostel and then it's to Rio de Janeiro. Looking forward to it...

No comments: