Burgos is a beautiful city. The tree lined boulevards, the old city gate, the amazing cathedral in the plaza and all the little streets in and out of the many plazas makes it a pleasurable city to walk in
We had buffer breakfast for €5 at the hotel and then we explored the city. First to the Castillo and then a tour of the cathedral itself which took nearly 2 hours. The cathedral is just huge!!!
Since being here, I have met up with so many pilgrims that I haven't seen for awhile. Some I met in day 1 and didn't think I will ever meet again. Some a day behind or a day ahead in walking but seems to all be stopping here for a day or 2. The best bit of the camino is to catch up with people and catch up on stories along the way
The Canadian family of Gordon and due and Daughters Tara and Julia were here. Sue, Gordon and Julia are finishing their camino here in Burgos so it was good to say Bon voyage to them. Annet whom I walked with for a week or so was also leaving the camino here. Miriam also from Holland whom I haven't seen since Los Arcos was also here and she have also finished her camino here. Saw also the German Christoph whom I haven't seen since day 1 and an Aussie who leaved near Byron Bay called Gerry who is doing his 2nd camino but found that its not for him this time round and ended it also in Burgos. Kate and Rob from Sydney a lovely couple that I chatted with a few times joined us for a beer and then decide to walk on to the next town
Also managed to catch up with Line from Denmark and Rebecca from Germany here and we decided to take an apartment for 4 people for the next day
It was a good resting day and we finally had a good dinner to farewell all those that are finishing the camino





1 comment:
Very beautiful indeed!
b
Post a Comment