Started slow this morning walking with Melissa from Sydney out of town.
The walk out of Ponferrada was quite easy. Walking passed some suburbs and we didn't see another town till 7km after. Most of the walk today was flat and we passed through an ugly town Camponaraya which we tried to find food but was unlucky to find any because it's Sunday and most places are closed. The only place that's open are bars and they too don't do food on Sundays. Lucky we packed sandwiches and I wolfed mine down pretty quickly.
Passed by a delightful old town called Cacabelos and I really liked it. I walked around town a little and then walked the 8km to Villafranca - walking passed vineyards again and some hills.
Villafranca is a town built on hills so walking in was quite tough. Lots of downhills then uphills then downhills in little laneways of cobblestone. It's very pretty though with the mountains on both sides and a river in the middle of the valley. This could be one of my favourite towns of the camino so far.
Bumped into Tara from Canada and Sam from England whom I haven't seen since Burgos at the plaza mayor and sat town to have a chat with them and forgetting about the time. By the time I looked at the clock it was 4pm and the good alberque were all full. The one with beds is cold and a dump so I again looked for a hostal to stay. Even hostals are booked out and here I am in another hotel room which cost me €60 per night no breakfast.
Dinner was at Casa Mendez which was a well recommended place and had a really nice fresh trout.Tomorrow we climb more steep mountains for 30km. I might break the journey up depending on weather.








No comments:
Post a Comment