Thursday, May 09, 2013

Day 15 Burgos to Hornillos

Today was a short stage to Hornillos of 21.5km. We had breakfast at our apartment in Burgos at I left at 7:30am. Not far outside of Burgos I met a group of walkers from Catalan, a group of 10 of them and they were very curious why I am walking on my own. They insist that I a walk with them as they said a girl should never walk alone. They also insist that I have breakfast with them in the little town of Tradajos and the shared they sausiscon from Catalan. 

It was a lovely flat walk to Hornillos with very little hills. The good luck ended KK Hornillos when we saw the auberge's line. There were only 30 beds and if there are more than 30 people they put the pilgrims in a un-heated gym. Line and Rebecca had a look at the dorms and turned around so me and Gina decide that we will take a taxi to the next town which is 10km away. Luckily the Catalans were there and they helped us called a taxi to Hontanas. 

With us were the the father and daughter team from Canada David and Destiny. We went to Alberque El Pentido in Hontanas and it was quite nice for €5. I met up with Heather from South Africa whom I haven't seen for a week because she took the bus due to a shin spleen. 

Line cooked us a simple pasta and we share a quick dinner at 5:30pm and then we had some with with a Canadian from Ontario called Dave. 

Slept quite well with the help of Melotonin     With that taxi ride we caught up to the stages of the camino and the next day we walk 28km to Boadillo del Camino





No comments: