It was a warm 8c this morning and no rain when we set out at 7:15am. We walked passed the municipal alberque and bumped into Line, Rebecca, Kamal and Camilla and walked with them until Navarette.
Also bumped into Claire from
Melbourne which I met before coming on the camino
Somehow I was not feeling as great today even though it wasn't raining. The star was supposed to be 30km to Najera bit my legs can't walk anymore at the turning into Ventosa so decided to stay here for the night. Gina and Annet also decided that they don't to push on and since there was only 1 place to stay we all stayed together.
I decided to splurge and take a private ro with showers for €35 and Annet said she would like to share with me. It was good to have our own bathroom!!
The walk today was through the Rioja wine region and mostly flat gravel paths and some bits next to the freeway.
Stayed at Alberque San Saturnino and it was a really nice place. They were burning candles and they have a fire place. The sun finally came out at around 4pm and it was good! Met Julie and Lex from central Queensland and drank a few wines with them at the local bar.
Dinner was €10 pilgrim meal with pasta, fried calamari and rice pudding. I ate too much Once more
Washed all my clothes In the machine today and hung it all in my private room to dry. Clean clothes tomorrow!
Tendons a bit inflamed again and I took more drugs for it. The last 5km walking into town today was very tough and fatigue was really setting in. Tomorrow it's either a 22km stage or a 30km stage. Hopefully my feet are up for it!





No comments:
Post a Comment